My trips to Vegas involve dogs, cement and old buildings. There’s no drinking, no gambling. We load up the car, stay someplace new and search for people on rubble the dogs have never seen. It’s a mini-deployment—good practice in case we are ever called out for a real search and rescue operation. This year, six […]
I live in the Inland Empire in Southern California, and the summers are hot as Hades. So, if I want to work dogs I have to get up and get going. My goal is to be out of the house before seven, and this Sunday I made it. I loaded up Kinsey, Rook and Quincy […]
Welcome! I'm Katrina!
I've been obsessed with training up the perfect dog ever since I can remember. Books, obedience classes in the park, anything to learn about dogs. I grew up with Dobermans, but lately I'm in love with Labs and Goldens. In the last ten years, I've focused on competitive obedience, training search and rescue dogs and diabetic alert dogs.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Ten Posts
- Scent Training: First Steps with a Diabetic Alert Dog…
- Sherlock: Diabetic Alert Dog Update
- Improving Your Dog’s Strength and Flexibility
- Product Review: Dog Crates
- Dog Training: Teaching Focus
- Hiking with Dogs: Gear
- Service Dog on the Loose at Universal Studios
- Colorado Open Training Weekend (Video)
- Crate Training: The Life Long Benefit
- Review: Dog Collars